[OS X Emacs] Request function names for 1.4 stuff?

Tim Bray tbray at textuality.com
Fri Jun 20 15:28:17 EDT 2008

On Fri, Jun 20, 2008 at 12:00 PM, Nathaniel Cunningham
<nathaniel.cunningham at gmail.com> wrote:

> If you're trying to get at the function names bound to various keys or menu
> items, use
> C-h k <key or menu item>
>
> Is that what you're after?  Is a list much more helpful than that?

Well, in the general case, Emacs is carefully designed to make
key/function mapping easy, so it's questionable to refer to some new
added feature simply by keystroke, the function is the real value-add
so it'd be nice to know what it is.  More specifically, because I've
got
(setq mac-command-modifier 'meta)
I can't actually type CMD-anything to see what function it's bound to.  -T