[OS X Emacs] aquamacs-backward-kill-word issues, 1.4 kvetching

Ian Eure ian.eure at gmail.com
Mon Jun 23 17:50:54 EDT 2008

Someone already mentioned this, but I didn't see any resolution. When
I use aquamacs-backward-kill-word (M-backspace), I get this error:

The mark is not set now, so there is no region

It happens around 50% of the time I use it. I get it more frequently
when using the minibuffer or ERC.

Much more irritating, though, is that aquamacs-backward-kill-word
ignores prefix commands. So if I do M-2 M-backspace, it only kills one
word, not two.

For now, I've rebound it to backwards-kill-word, and I'm happy again.

On a slightly different topic, how do I get my fixed-width mode-line
font back?