[OS X Emacs] cocoAspell and Aquamacs 1.3a

Johannes Brauer brauer at nordakademie.de
Thu Mar 20 16:58:01 EDT 2008

Am 20.03.2008 um 19:58 schrieb Nathaniel Cunningham:

> In the meantime, your best bet may be to copy the entire function
> definition for (aquamacs-configure-aspell) from /Applications/
> Aquamacs Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/site-lisp/aquamacs.el to your
> Preferences.el, and modify that to suit your needs.  To use the
> second alphabetically-listed dict-dir in ~/Library/Application
> Support/cocoAspell/, you can change
> (car ;; use the first subdir in that path
> (nth 1 ;; use the second subdir in that path
>

> Never mind all that...
>
> I had missed a much simpler solution:  Set the environment variable
> ASPELL_CONF yourself.  That's all aquamacs-configure-aspell does for
> you anyway, but Aquamacs won't try to do so if the variable is
> already set.
>
> I added this to my Preferences.el, and was able to use english
> spellchecking even with the aspell6-de-20030222-1 dictionary also
> installed:
>
> (setenv "ASPELL_CONF" "conf-dir /Users/nathaniel/Library/Preferences/
> cocoAspell;dict-dir /Library/Application Support/cocoAspell/aspell6-
> en-6.0-0")
yes, but now I cannot switch to the german dictionary. Trying this I
get now:
Local Ispell dictionary set to deutsch
Starting new Ispell process [deutsch] ...
Error in post-command-hook: (error Error: The file "/Library/
Application Support/cocoAspell/aspell6-en-6.0-0/deutsch" can not be
opened for reading.)

Johannes