[OS X Emacs] double messages at startup

David Reitter david.reitter at gmail.com
Mon Mar 31 10:31:55 EDT 2008

Hi Uwe,

> excerpt below) and also the startup screen no longer appears.  I
> then checked the variable inhibit-startup-screen and customized it
> to "nil" to no avail.

The startup screen is inhibited quite generally in Aquamacs.
As a hack you can get it back with

(remove-hook 'command-line-args "--no-splash")

but that may cease to work in future versions.

> When running Aquamacs insists on inhibit-startup-screen being set to
> "t", telling it would be set in "startup.el".  Is this the intended
> behavior?

where does it say that this "would be set in startup.el"?

Otherwise, it is the intended behavior.

> Just for the record: when starting Aquamacs from the command line
> with "-q", then still the copyright message appears twice.  Intended?

No.  This should get fixed at some point.

http://aquamacs.org/donate -- Could we help you? Return the favor and
support the Aquamacs Project!