[OS X Emacs] AUCTeX-XeTeX broken after switch to Carbon Emacs

Geoffrey Ferrari geoffrey.ferrari at googlemail.com
Fri May 9 10:21:35 EDT 2008

I had this same problem. I think it arises because Carbon Emacs does
not set the path variable in Emacs, whereas Aquamacs does, so Carbon
Emacs can't find your TeX executable.

There is a discussion of a (in my opinion, overly complicated)
solution on <http://www.emacswiki.org/cgi-bin/wiki/CarbonEmacsPackage#toc30>

I solved my problem my manually setting my path in my .emacs as follows:

(setenv "PATH"  (concat (getenv "PATH") "/bin:/sbin:/usr/bin:....")

There are a few ways to find what path string you want to you here.
Fire up terminal and type

echo $PATH

is one possibility.

Geoff