[OS X Emacs] Problem with compile region or compile buffer (auctex) in aquamacs

Johannes Brauer brauer at nordakademie.de
Thu May 22 05:46:10 EDT 2008

Am 21.05.2008 um 22:18 schrieb Peter Dyballa:

> Am 20.05.2008 um 21:49 schrieb Johannes Brauer:
>
>> If you want to check how some part of your text looks like, and do
>> not
>> want to wait until the whole document has been typeset, then mark
>> it as
>> a region and use `C-c C-r'.  It behaves just like `C-c C-c', but it
>> only uses the document preamble and the region you marked.
>
> The documentation seems to be wrong. I can't produce a PNG preview
> of a text region. All I get are external _region_ files.
In the meantime I tried to build an minimal example which reproduces
the error. But now I am not able to reproduce it at all. I cannot
reestablish the state of my original file such that the error I posted
occurs. All works fine.
The documentation is correct. If you mark a region and type 'C-c C-r'
a _region_.tex file is generated and compiled into  _region_.pdf. The -
region_.tex file contains the Latex preamble and the marked text.

Mit freundlichen Grüßen
Johannes