[OS X Emacs] email with emacs?

Jose Figueroa-O'Farrill j.m.figueroa at ed.ac.uk
Fri Nov 21 12:29:31 EST 2008

>>>>> "George" == George Hartzell <hartzell at alerce.com> writes:

George> skip at pobox.com writes:

George> I'm pretty sure I was using it on Aquamacs until I got tired of
George> it being so different from the emacs I used on FreeBSD.  What
George> doesn't work?

>> What version should I install?  How do I install it?  I must admit to a) it
>> just being there in XEmacs and b) the XEmacs package manager.

George> Well, as a first cut I'd try the third option described at the bottom
George> of this page:

George>   http://www.wonderworks.com/vm/download.html

George> and then fall back to the first if you need to hack something.

Actually the version in wonderworks is Kyle Jones' latest version
(7.19), but he stopped actively maintaining VM.  The new maintainer is
Robert Widhopf-Fenk and the latest VM is to be found here:

             http://www.nongnu.org/viewmail/

under "Downloads".  The latest stable version seems to be 8.0.12.

Cheers, José

George> g.

--
Prof José M Figueroa-O'Farrill  | Phone: +44 (0) 131 6505066
Maxwell Institute and           | Fax: +44 (0) 131 6506553