[OS X Emacs] Re: Preview-latex errors

Peter Dyballa Peter_Dyballa at Web.DE
Sat Nov 29 19:07:32 EST 2008

Am 30.11.2008 um 00:36 schrieb Dave Burnham:

> Two issues remain:
>
> 1) Running preview-document still fails with the "LaTeX found no
> preview images" error. However, preview-buffer, preview-section,
> etc. work fine.

My best assumption is that Emacs.app is simply too slow. A snail at
25 MHz *is* faster.

> 2) If I switch AUCTeX to use PDFLaTeX (C-c C-t C-p) I get a
> GhostScript errors for all of the places where I should see
> preview-images.

This might be another error caused by a too old version of
Ghostscript. I think version 8.61 is up-to-date.

The PATH problem you mentioned is *not* the real cause. That it's not
correctly set might cause other problems. You should "customise"
files in /etc with elevated privileges that the TeX binaries are
found and also those programmes installed in /usr/local/bin. The log
off and in again.

--
Greetings

   Pete