[OS X Emacs] 1.5 and "open -a"

Tom Van Vleck thvv at multicians.org
Fri Oct 10 15:11:51 EDT 2008

Personally I do not mind the scratch buffer at all.
In fact, if OBOF mode is off, I would expect command-W on the last
visible frame to
do a kill-buffer, asking if the file is modified, and then show the
scratch buffer.

As far as how you work around your workarounds, this introduces another
hidden state variable, so i can sympathize with your reluctance.