[OS X Emacs] Over ride default Org-mode installation

David Reitter david.reitter at gmail.com
Fri Oct 17 14:54:05 EDT 2008

On 17 Oct 2008, at 14:28, Saptarshi Guha wrote:
> 	I have downloaded org-mode (v 6.09) and wish to over ride the
> version that comes with Aquamacs(1.5)(OSX Leopard)
> My site-lisp folder is actually ~/mystuff/site-lisp and I have
> loaded org mode like this
>
> (setq load-path (cons (expand-file-name "~/mystuff/site-lisp") load-
> path))
> (setq load-path (cons (expand-file-name "~/mystuff/site-lisp/org")
> load-path))
> (require 'org)
>
> However M-x org-version shows 5.23. How can I force the loading of
> the version of org i installed?

Your code looks fine to me, as long as the .el file is called org.el.
It has to be executed before org-mode is entered (because it would
otherwise be autoloaded from the original path).

Have you tried M-x locate-library?

http://aquamacs.org/donate -- Could we help you? Return the favor and
support the Aquamacs Project!