[OS X Emacs] disabling mac-keyboard behavior (I want ctrl-> and ctrl<- to skip words)

Ben Zhao ravenben at gmail.com
Tue Oct 28 11:39:07 EDT 2008

Hi all.

Long time emacs user here. I've always loved the ability to quickly skip across
a line to the word I want to edit using ctrl-left and ctrl-right. But since 1.4,
this was replaced in favor of mac-like behavior (skip all the way to beginning
of line and skip all the way to right edge).

Anyone know how to disable this? I have no idea why it was an added "feature,"
since I never liked this behavior on macs.

Any help is greatly appreciated.
thanks,
Ben