[OS X Emacs] Aquamacs and frames...

Jochen Küpper kuepper.jochen at googlemail.com
Tue Sep 16 14:29:52 EDT 2008

On 16.09.2008, at 11:00, Jean-Christophe Helary wrote:

>> C-x 5 0
>
> That is the emacs way :)

And that's good.

> But I was wondering what was the rationale behind "Close buffer= Cmd
> +W" in Aquamacs...
>
> I can understand why closing the last frame also means closing the
> existing buffers (first), but why would a Mac user use Cmd+W to
> close something that will not look closed after the command...

Isn't the default in Aquamacs "one buffer one frame" (or something
like that)?

The CMD-w does what you want it. I prefer Emacs beahviour --
everything in one frame until I decide to do something else... The I
want Emacs commands. It actually never occured to me to press CMD-w in
Emacs;-O

Greetings,
Jochen
         Sex, drugs and rock-n-roll