[OS X Emacs] How to enter accented characters on US keyboard?

Doug McNutt douglist at macnauchtan.com
Wed Apr 1 10:32:47 EDT 2009

At 08:13 -0500 4/1/09, <skip at pobox.com> wrote:
>In Aquamacs Emacs how do I enter accented characters on my US keyboard?  I
>would have thought it would be in the FAQ, but I didn't see anything there.
>I see an Option Key submenu in the Options menu which looks like it might be
>useful, but have no idea where to find out what the various choices mean.

In classic Mac software there are "dead keys" for that.

OPTION n  --  appears to do nothing

but the next key you press, probably another n will acquire an accent
mark above it as in canon -> cañon which might not survive this email.

OPTION e and some others are available.

--
-> Stocks are getting pelloreid <-