[OS X Emacs] How to enter accented characters on US keyboard?

Nathaniel Cunningham nathaniel.cunningham at gmail.com
Wed Apr 1 13:46:52 EDT 2009

In Aquamacs, I've created a custom Option Key-->Meta & ___ capability, that
allows me to use Meta as usual, except for the case of the few
special/accented characters I want.  The following accomplishes this in my
Preferences.el:

(setq emulate-mac-keyboard-mode-maps
      (append emulate-mac-keyboard-mode-maps
          '((nathaniel . (("\M-A" . "Å")