[OS X Emacs] Aquamacs + BBDB or EDB

Jean-Christophe Helary jean.christophe.helary at gmail.com
Fri Aug 7 04:05:57 EDT 2009

On vendredi 07 août 09, at 13:07, Jose Figueroa-O'Farrill wrote:

> Did you have to give 'configure' any paths which contain a space?
>
> Mac OS X Leopard comes with emacs 22.1.1, so you can avoid specifying
> --with-emacs and hence the space contained in the the path to the
> Aquamacs
> executable.  Alas, in my case, I use BBDB together with VM and the
> path
> for --with-vm does contain a space (~/Library/Application
> Support/...).
> When I supply this path to 'configure' it generates a broken Makefile.
>
> Does your system behave any better?

Don't you just need to build the code and then put it where you want
it ?

I have not tried, so I don't know, but since all the code produced by
make seems to be .elc, it seems to me that putting that in the path
where emacs looks for such files along with a (require '...) would
solve your build issue, wouldn't it ?

Jean-Christophe Helary