[OS X Emacs] sync with Skim

David Reitter david.reitter at gmail.com
Sun Feb 8 11:50:21 EST 2009

OK, I reproduce the behavior.  I see that the .pdf is correctly
generated with a new time stamp.  I did get correct Skim behavior the
first time around, but not after using "generate preview at point".
It's unclear to me what the interaction with AUCTeX/preview is, but I
would say that as soon as the PDF is regenerated, Skim should update.
(After doing a "revert" in Skim, things work fine.)

I can imagine that Skim looses the handle on the file.  Maybe (!)
Aquamacs/AUCTeX deletes the .pdf or does something else to it, and the
file system can't keep track of it.  Something like that perhaps.

Thus, I defer to the Skim team for now!

PS., Christiaan, the Report Bug link on the Skim website links to the
main Sourceforge homepage or their login screen.

http://aquamacs.org/donate -- Could we help you? Return the favor and
support the Aquamacs Project!