[OS X Emacs] Fortran syntax highlighting in Aquamacs

Bill Sacks wsacks at wisc.edu
Wed Feb 11 17:09:16 EST 2009

Thank you all for your responses.

 From what I can tell, fortran-line-length does not appear to be
customizable in Aquamacs 1.6, which is based on GNU Emacs 22.3.2.
Perhaps this variable was added in a later version of emacs (such as
version 23.1, as suggested by Jochen's email)?

If I use f90-mode, as some people suggested, that fixes some problems
but creates others. For example, it causes comments and indentation
to be handled incorrectly.

I know that the best solution would just be to not work with Fortran
77 code at all ;-)  Sadly, that's not a possibility right now.

Thanks,
Bill