[OS X Emacs] Hiding menu bar without fullscreen

yang guo yangguo47 at gmail.com
Wed Feb 18 16:21:42 EST 2009

I recently started using Aquamacs and I like it a lot.

Is there a way to hide the mac osx menu bar properly?  For other apps, I can
edit the Info.plist to set LSUIPresentationMode to "4".  The procedure is
described in detail at
http://www.macworld.com/article/55321/2007/02/hidemenubar.html.  Aquamacs
seems to ignore this setting.

I also found the related Aquamacs functions, though neither does exactly
what I need:
mac-hide-menu-bar: Hides the menu bar, but it reappears after Aquamacs
loses, then regains focus.
aquamacs-toggle-full-frame: Hides the menu bar, but also does full screen
which I don't want.

Is there a quick way to permanently hide the menu bar when using Aquamacs?
Thanks.

Yang Guo