[OS X Emacs] Aquamacs: Latex does not work

Thomas Käufl kaeufl at ira.uka.de
Fri Feb 27 15:09:10 EST 2009

Hi,

I hope this is an Aquamacs and not an Auctex problem.

Since version 1.6 of Aquamacs the Latex commands do not work.
They are unknown to Aquamacs.

So, I started the most recent version of Aquamacs without
customizations. Using a (very) old G4 processing a Latex
file was possible but not on a G5. (Both machines run
OS 10.4.)

Then I opened a shell in Aquamacs (without customizations)
and checked the path variables.

My BASHRC
g5:... kaeufl$ echo $PATH
/bin:/sbin:/usr/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/bin:/sbin:/usr/bin:/usr/
sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/bin:/bin:/usr/sbin:/sbin:/usr/local/texlive/
2008/bin:/usr/local/texlive/2008/bin

The pathes to the Tex binaries are wrong -- and why do they
appear twice?

g5:... kaeufl$ tcsh
My TCSHRC
[g5:~/Documents/latex/mathdesign] kaeufl% echo $PATH
/bin:/sbin:/usr/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/bin:/sbin:/usr/bin:/usr/
sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/bin:/bin:/usr/sbin:/sbin:/usr/local/texlive/
2008/bin:/usr/local/texlive/2008/bin

The same as in the bash. To be complete: When checking the
values of PATH in the Terminal application, the correct pathes
to the Tex binaries appear.

I use also the Carbon Emacs. There, the Tex commands work fine.

Thomas Käufl