[OS X Emacs] SyncTex

Jan Rosinski jrosinsk at gmail.com
Wed Jan 14 10:46:09 EST 2009

I am new to Aquamacs and I intend to use it for latex. The quality of
the inline preview
in version 1.6 made me think to convert from TeXShop.
I installed 1.6 on my laptop (G4 ppc) and the desktop (iMac intel 2.8
GHz) (both run MacOS 10.5.6)
My problem is the following.
I like to sync the preview with the source file and use synctex for
this. It's much better than the old
pdfsync. So, I followed instructions from

http://mactex-wiki.tug.org/wiki/index.php?title=SyncTeX#Aquamacs.2FSkim

What happened drives me crazy. Synctex works properly on my laptop but
not on the desktop.
I spent hours trying to figure out the difference in configuration but
they are the same on laptop and desktop.
I also use the same tex file, and the aquamacs on the desktop gives me:

ERROR: Undefined control sequence.

--- TeX said ---
<recently read> \synctex

l.12 \synctex
             =1
--- HELP ---
TeX encountered an unknown command name.

Any suggestions will be appreciated.

Jan