[OS X Emacs] SyncTex

Peter Dyballa Peter_Dyballa at Web.DE
Wed Jan 14 13:24:23 EST 2009

Am 14.01.2009 um 18:15 schrieb Jan Rosinski:

> No, its opposite, SynTex works on laptop with old software (!)
> but does not on the desktop with the newest mactex2008.

Then it's probably best to send an eMail to the TeX on Mac OS X list:

	List Reminders and Etiquette: http://www.esm.psu.edu/mac-tex/list/

I'm neither using Mac TeX nor the SyncTeX feature ...

*Before* you start, you can add to the preamble of your hopefully
identical test files this statement:

	\listfiles

At the end of the LOG you will find a list of files used including
their version information. This and other contents (tex binary
version) from the LOG files can be very well compared in Emacs with
compare-windows! 'which tex' and 'echo $PATH' are also good commands
from the prompt in Emacs' *shell* buffer ... You could also check on
both systems differences in SyncTeX: it's still a software in
development. Are you using the same versions of Skim and the same
preferences? The command 'defaults read net.sourceforge.skim-
app.skim' will show their settings. (There are also PLIST editors
with a GUI, for example "Property List Editor.app" form Apple's
developers tools.)

--
Greetings

   Pete

Who the fsck is "General Failure," and why is he reading my disk?