[OS X Emacs] Mysterious frame doubling

Timothy Hsu timothyhsu at earthlink.net
Thu Jan 15 20:12:24 EST 2009

Hi Aquamacs 1.6 folks: I'm not sure if this is a real
bug or if I'm doing something wrong, but here's what's
happening, consistently.

Say I want to edit two files, day.txt and addr.txt, in
two separate frames, and with Aquamacs running, I:

1. Open day.txt by double-clicking an icon.
2. "Dock" (minimize?) the day.txt frame by clicking the
usual yellow button.
3. Open addr.txt by double-clicking an icon.

Then after step 3, a second frame appears with the
buffer day.txt loaded into it, along with the expected
frame for addr.txt.  If I then:

4. "Dock" the second day.txt frame.
5. Open another file, pay.txt, by double-clicking.

Then a third day.txt frame will open.

FYI, these problems do not occur with C-x C-f.

So is there something I'm doing wrong, or is this a
real bug?

Thanks,
Tim Hsu