[OS X Emacs] Yuck! VM pops up Thunderbird to send mail!!!

skip at pobox.com skip at pobox.com
Sat Jan 17 15:53:14 EST 2009

I finally got VM 8.0.12 installed so Aquamacs could use it.  (I have been
using VM 7.19 with XEmacs.)  Imagine my surprise when I went to send my
first email I hit C-c C-c and instead of actually sending the mail message
it opened up a composition buffer in Thunderbird.  ptooey!

It took me awhile to find the send-mail-function variable.  Whew!  I was
about to throw in the towel.  Who in their right mind thought I would want
to go through the effort of composing an entire message inside Emacs then
not actually send it from Emacs but pop up a crappy external mail program
before sending?

Thx,

--
Skip Montanaro - skip at pobox.com - http://smontanaro.dyndns.org/