[OS X Emacs] Fixed width fonts in mail composition buffer?

Art Werschulz agw at comcast.net
Mon Jan 19 10:39:24 EST 2009

Hi.

On Jan 19, 2009, at 10:22 AM, David Reitter wrote:

> On 19 Jan 2009, at 10:17, skip at pobox.com wrote:
>
>> I see there is some sort of autoface mode in Aquamacs.  How do I
>> defeat
>> variable width fonts altogether?  I'm a programmer not an author,
>> so some
>> stuff that probably makes authors using LaTeX jump for joy just
>> annoys me.
>
> You read the change log, the manual, or simply look in the Options
> menu where there is a prominent menu item to turn off Autoface mode
> and to choose another font (such as Monaco).

I tried this, but when I later clicked on the "Options" menu, I got an
error msg:

<quote>
Debugger entered--Lisp error: (error "Invalid face")
   internal-get-lisp-face-attribute(nil :inherit nil)
   face-attribute(nil :inherit)
   aquamacs-autoface-inherited-face()
   (eq (quote autoface-default) (aquamacs-autoface-inherited-face))
   (not (eq (quote autoface-default) (aquamacs-autoface-inherited-
face)))
</quote>

Suggestions?  Thanks.

Art Werschulz
207 Stoughton Avenue, Cranford  NJ 07016-2838
(908) 272-1146