[OS X Emacs] SyncTex

Jan Rosinski jrosinsk at gmail.com
Fri Jan 30 14:55:06 EST 2009

I removed teTeX in the most primitive way, used a utility to see
hidden files
and dropped folders to the trash. When I rebutted, the TeX
Distribution panel
did not show teTeX anymore. Previously, the panel was set to TeXLive
2008
but aquamacs would still choose teTeX instead.

SyncTeX works great and there are two options to use it.
1. put \synctec=1 in the preamble of your document
or
2.  open a latex document and go to
LaTeX->customize auctex->browse options->TeX command->Latex Command
and change latex to  latex -synctex=1
You can do the same for Tex Command.

2 does not require 1, recognizing synctex automatically.
Jan