[OS X Emacs] SyncTex

Arthur Ogus ogus at Math.Berkeley.EDU
Sat Jan 31 16:04:29 EST 2009

On Jan 30, 2009, at 10:26 AM, Peter Dyballa wrote:

> Am 30.01.2009 um 17:32 schrieb Arthur Ogus:
>
>> But my path shows:
>> echo $PATH
>> .:/Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/MacOS/bin:/usr/local/teTeX/bin/
>> powerpc-apple-darwin-current:/sw/bin:/sw/sbin:/usr/libexec:/
>> Developer/Tools:/usr/local/bin:/usr/local/sbin:/bin:/sbin:/usr/bin:/
>> usr/sbin:/usr/X11R6/bin:/usr/texbin:/usr/X11/bin:/opt/local/bin
>> Onyx:bin arthur$
>
> Which Emacs is showing this? Do you see it in Terminal or in some
> Emacsen's *shell* buffer?

This was in shell.

>> I'm not sure how to fix this.  My bash profile says:
>>
>> PATH=$PATH:/opt/local/bin
>>

>> Where else should I look to fix what is going  on?
>

> There are files in /private/etc named profile or bashrc. Your own
> init file can contain some old stuff. You could try:
>
> 	grep teTeX ~/.*

Shows nothing.

> The component /Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/MacOS/bin indicates
> that some Carbon Emacs variant is the culprit. You could try:
>
> 	find /Applications/Emacs.app/Contents -type f -name "*.el" -exec
> grep teTeX {} /dev/null \;
>
> or try the find-grep function in GNU Emacs in a similiar way.

Also nothing,

But it did work to delete all the old tex installations that I found
in /usr....  It is strange that running the TeX Live
installer doesn't set the paths for you.  I did notice that there is a
tool  to update TeX installations which  does
show the paths, but I didn't find it until after I had deleted all my
old tex installations.

All seems to be well now.  I will try to ask for some local unix help
to see how my path is being set.

Thanks to everyone.

Oh, one more question.  Does a fresh Aquamacs emacs installation use
Skim as the viewer?
Without something in my .emacs file, it seems to use Preview, but this
may be due to settings somewhere else.