[OS X Emacs] [Aquamacs] CMD + ^ doesn't work in a new nightly

David Reitter david.reitter at gmail.com
Mon Jul 6 11:19:38 EDT 2009

On Jul 6, 2009, at 6:29 AM, Moritz Ulrich wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I've switched to an Aquamacs nightly (2009-Jul-05) recently.
> Since then the shortcut Cmd + ^ (Meta + ^) doesn't work anymore. It
> should join the current line with the one above.

I can't reproduce.

Meta-^ works fine for me (with an English keyboard layout)

Note that in Aquamacs, Meta-^ does NOT correspond to Command-^, unless
you change the configuration from what is pre-set.

M-^ is Option-^.

> I think it's important to mention that I'm on a German keyboard, so
> that I have to type ^<space> to actually get '^'. I would get 'ô' of I
> would press ^o.

I didn't think that ^ was a dead key, unless you use Option-i for that.

Now, if I remember correctly, Emacs (NS) has a bug that will prevent
dead keys from being recognized in some cases.  Maybe that's what this
is.

Are you actually pressing  ^ (does a German keyboard still have a key
for that), or Option-i plus space?

- David

http://aquamacs.org/donate -- Could we help you? Return the favor and
support the Aquamacs Project!