[OS X Emacs] [Aquamacs] CMD + ^ doesn't work in a new nightly

Moritz Ulrich ulrich.moritz at googlemail.com
Mon Jul 6 18:38:29 EDT 2009

Hello David,

I can provide as much informations as you want, but I'm not very
experiences with keyboard-layouts ;)
Yes, the ^-key is in the upper-left corner of the German keyboard.

I think the reason why it makes trouble is that it is a... lets call
it meta-key (Bad naming, yes).

I described the behavior in my first post: If you press the ^-key on
german keyboards, osx inserts a ^ with an underline. If you press a
key like o, i or so, a special key with the ^ on top is inserted (ô,
â, for example).
To actually get the ^-character, you have to press ^-<space>.

I think that is the problem why Emacs has problems with it.

I'd be happy if I could provide more useful informations, but I don't
know which...

Best regards,
Moritz Ulrich