[OS X Emacs] reftex configuration problem?

Thomas S. Dye tsd at tsdye.com
Sun Jul 19 16:21:20 EDT 2009

Aloha all,

reftex index phrases doesn't behave as I expect.

\documentclass{article}

\begin{document}
Some text.
\end{document}

Ctrl-C \ on "text."  Mark entry as i.

% -*- mode: reftex-index-phrases; TeX-master: "test_reftex.tex" -*-
%                              Key      Macro Format            Repeat
%---------------------------------------------------------------------
INDEX_MACRO_DEFINITION:	i	\index{%s}          	t
INDEX_MACRO_DEFINITION:	g	\glossary{%s}       	t
%---------------------------------------------------------------------

i	text

Ctrl-C Ctrl-i indicates one match in one file.
Ctrl-C Ctrl-a ! replaces two occurrences

\documentc\index{text}text{article}

\begin{document}
Some \index{text}text.
\end{document}

Note the "replacement" in the top line of the file.

I posted this message to gnu.emacs.help and Ralf Angeli responded:

I cannot reproduce this issue with Emacs on GNU/Linux.  Does it work in
your case if you use Emacs (perhaps started with -Q) instead of
Aquamacs?

I launched Aquamacs like this:

"/Applications/Aquamacs Emacs.app/Contents/MacOS/Aquamacs Emacs" -q

and got the same results.

Perhaps reftex isn't configured properly in Aquamacs?

All the best,
Tom

Thomas S. Dye, Ph.D.
T. S. Dye & Colleagues, Archaeologists, Inc.
Phone: (808) 529-0866 Fax: (808) 529-0884
http://www.tsdye.com