[OS X Emacs] Disabling smart-spacing mode.

David Reitter david.reitter at gmail.com
Thu Jul 23 06:32:39 EDT 2009

On Jul 23, 2009, at 10:20 AM, Misha Gorodnitzky wrote:
> Can anyone help me with a clean way to disable the smart-spacing
> minor-mode for
> HTML modes? Having it enabled is causing me grief with Haml files
> which are
> indentation sensitive (a-la Python).

You can of course disable it globally (M-x global-smart-spacing-mode),
but to do it just for html, customize the variable `html-helper-mode-
hook'  (or possibly `html-mode-hook' depending on what major mode
you're using there for HTML).
Add an entry called 'turn-off-smart-spacing-mode .

It works that way for pretty much all local minor modes and all major
modes.  If you look at the `text-mode-hook', you'll see that smart
spacing can be turned on from there in an analogous way.  In fact this
is what happens when you click on the according menu entry in the
"Options" menu.

http://aquamacs.org/donate -- Could we help you? Return the favor and
support the Aquamacs Project!