[OS X Emacs] Soft word wrap

David Reitter david.reitter at gmail.com
Wed Jul 29 10:21:44 EDT 2009

On Jul 29, 2009, at 3:14 PM, Jose Figueroa-O'Farrill wrote:

> This brings up a question that perhaps you can answer.  I have added a
> number of things in LaTeX-mode-hook, which is why I wrap them inside a
> lambda function, but is it better to do this or to have one line like
> the one you suggest per item that I add?  This only gets read once,
> but anything that can speed loading of my Preferences.el is welcome.

It won't make a difference speed-wise.
But in your variant, errors signaled in one function will prevent the
following ones from being executed.  Also, you can't remove single
elements with `remove-hook'.

Like much code posted here and elsewhere, it would be an Emacs hack
that's OK for your own .emacs, but not good as something you'd give
away to others.

- David

http://aquamacs.org/donate -- Could we help you? Return the favor and
support the Aquamacs Project!