[OS X Emacs] aquamacs 1.8 - new mouse/selection behavior?

Michael Hannemann mrh3 at pobox.com
Wed Jul 29 16:08:26 EDT 2009

Hi all,

I searched the Gmane archives, but didn't see anyone describe what I'm seeing.

When I have a frame split horizontally into two panes, and I'm
selecting something with the mouse in the lower pane, it seems like
the selection point races to the top and everything from my location
to the top of the buffer is selected.

I can't always reproduce this, but it seems fairly consistent right
now if I follow these steps:

1. create new frame with C-x 5 2.
2. split frame with C-x 2
3. navigate to new file in lower frame.
4. attempt to select a block (s-exp) with the mouse, and let the
mouse cursor drift over the left-hand edge of the window.

This does not appear to happen if the window isn't split, or if I've
taken a problem window, removed splits, and re-split.

I'm running Aquamacs 1.8c, and I think this is new behavior.

Help & advice appreciated,

Michael