[OS X Emacs] OrgMode refile error - Kill is not a (set of) trees

Michael Gilbert mcg at gilbert.org
Tue Jun 23 23:36:10 EDT 2009

Hi all --

I am a noob - drawn to the alien world of Emacs (from my familiar Mac
environment) by OrgMode. I am uncertain enough that I don't rightly
know if this is best described as an OrgMode error or an Emacs error,
but since OM is bundled and I am using nightly builds, I figured I
would start here.

I am using last night's build.

In OrgMode, I am trying to learn to refile tasks. I use C-c C-w on a
TODO item in a notes file. It goes through the process of allowing me
to select the destination for the item. But then it throws an error -
"Kill is not a (set of) trees" etc - every time. Doesn't kill the TODO
and obviously doesn't yank it to the new location.

Any advice?

-- Michael