[OS X Emacs] Can't start gui when -nw is running

skip at pobox.com skip at pobox.com
Fri May 22 08:56:05 EDT 2009

I generally leave a long-running Aquamacs running on my Mac and when I ssh
in run a second copy in -nw mode.  This generally works fine.  Last night
before going home I forgot to quit my -nw version and needed to restart the
gui version.  It wouldn't start (or at least stay started) until I killed
the -nw instance.

This seems like a bug to me.  If I can start a -nw version while a gui
version is running I should be able to do the reverse.  Heck, I believe I
should be able to run multiple gui versions simultaneously as well, but
that's probably my Unix background speaking.

--
Skip Montanaro - skip at pobox.com - http://www.smontanaro.net/
    America's vaunted "free press" notwithstanding, story ideas that expose