[OS X Emacs] pasting from other apps

David Reitter david.reitter at gmail.com
Wed Oct 14 16:10:50 EDT 2009

On Oct 14, 2009, at 9:27 AM, Jean-Christophe Helary wrote:
>>> I am pasting cells from Calc into a new buffer in Aquamacs 1.9 and
>>> instead of getting a list of contents separated by line breaks, I
>>> get something else. It looks like an image, it can't be edited, it
>>> is not text and I can't do anything with that.
>
> Drop Inspector gives me a long list of things, among which I have
> public.utf8-plain-text, public.utf16-external-plain-text,
> com.apple.traditional-mac-plain-text, but also XML, WMF, TIFF, PICT,
> HTML etc...

It seems like one of the image formats is being preferred.  It's
possibly that this is because the sending process (Calc) states so,
which would be odd.    But I don't know the Carbon pasteboard handling
mechanism, so this is speculation.

Does this work better in 2.x?  We have completely rewritten pasteboard
code in there.

- D

http://aquamacs.org/donate -- Could we help you? Return the favor and
support the Aquamacs Project!