[OS X Emacs] getting fit-frame to run automatically in Aquamacs

siemsen at ucar.edu siemsen at ucar.edu
Wed Oct 21 18:32:52 EDT 2009

The documented way to get fit-frame to run every time I open a file,
is the following line, which I put in my Preferences.el file:

     (add-hook `after-make-frame-functions 'fit-frame)

This doesn't work.  When I open files, the frame size seems to be
whatever the frame size was for the last frame that I opened.  I can
verify this by manually evaluating fit-frame, and the frame gets
resized.

Is there a way to make fit-frame run whenever a file is opened by
Aquamacs?

-- Pete