[OS X Emacs] Re: How to make spelling correction work with French?

David Reitter david.reitter at gmail.com
Fri Apr 9 21:31:25 EDT 2010

See Peter's message for general instructions.

What are your constraints w.r.t. Emacs?

The whole ispell/aspell dictionary acquisition & installation is so unpleasant that we now support the standard system directory in Aquamacs - no need to ispell or aspell, and you have a bunch of languages right out of the box.

Aspell dictionary installation as a package because there didn't seem to be a generic way to compile all dictionaries, and the dictionaries had to be compiled for the platform (PPC vs. Intel vs. 64 bit) if recall correctly.