[OS X Emacs] Not real an emacs question -- stickiness

David Frascone dave at frascone.com
Tue Apr 20 08:44:50 EDT 2010

On Tue, Apr 20, 2010 at 8:38 AM, Peter Dyballa <Peter_Dyballa at web.de> wrote:

> Am 20.04.2010 um 14:21 schrieb David Frascone:
>

>  Does anyone know if there's a way to sticky one emacs frame, but allow the
>> others to be on individual spaces?
>>

> This seems to work when you drag a window to a particular space...

I think one of us is misunderstanding.  I want a window to be on all spaces.
 I use two monitors, and my left one is my "persistant" view.  The windows
on my left monitor are the same on all spaces.  So, for example, I have my
chat window up, no matter what space I'm on.  The chat window is set to all
spaces, and is on that left monitor, so, when I hit ctrl-arrow, and change
my current space, it's still there.

I want *one* emacs window in the same place.  But, if I set emacs to be on
"all spaces" in the spaces configuration, then ALL emacs windows will be on
all spaces.  I just want one particular window to be everywhere.

Is that more clear?  Or did I misunderstand the answer?