[OS X Emacs] Changing default font

James Harkins jamshark70 at gmail.com
Thu Apr 22 15:46:27 EDT 2010

I'm starting to like aquamacs but... I've been messing around with
this for about an hour and made no progress.

All I wanted to do is change the default font in Aquamacs. Should be
simple, right? But when I go to customize-group basic-faces, it says:

Default face: (sample) Hide Face
    State: CHANGED outside Customize; operating on it here may be
unreliable.
Basic default face.

If I change it and set for current session, it works, but it won't
save permanently.

I've looked for, but not been able to find:

- the actual variable name corresponding to "Default face" in the
customize buffer;
- where it has been set "outside Customize" so I could remove it from
another el file if necessary and then use customize.

I do apologize if this is a common list question but if it is... I've
been googling for at least an hour (no joke) and the answer to my
question is just not there. Would appreciate any help.

Thanks.

: H. James Harkins
: jamshark70 at dewdrop-world.net
: http://www.dewdrop-world.net