[OS X Emacs] Changing default font

David Reitter david.reitter at gmail.com
Tue Apr 27 08:44:33 EDT 2010

On Apr 27, 2010, at 1:50 AM, Chris Withers wrote:

> David Reitter wrote:
>> If you just want one face for everything, turn off `aquamacs-auto-face-mode' (Options->Appearance)
>
> I tried deselecting Auto Faces in Options -> Appearance -> AutoFaces, saving 	options with Options -> Save Options and then restarting emacs but it had no effect.
>
> What do I need to do to just get *one* font for everything, no exceptions, no overrides?

There was a bug in preview5 that could prevent you from doing just that.
If you download a more current build from the web site, it'll work (it does for me).

You will need to do the above and customize the `default', `echo-area' and `modeline' faces.
There are other UI elements that cannot be customized, such as graphical dialogs and menus.