[OS X Emacs] Colors for active mode-line

David Reitter david.reitter at gmail.com
Thu Dec 2 09:17:12 EST 2010

On Dec 2, 2010, at 8:15 AM, Paul Metzner wrote:

> Am I missing something or is it just not possible to change colors and/or fonts for the mode-line in Aquamacs? When I apply my theme in Carbon Emacs, all mode-lines are affected. I tried to define colors for mode-line and mode-line-inactive, but that didn't work.

Not sure what you tried to customize.  I just did M-x customize-face RET mode-line RET, then write in the background color "blue" where it says "grey75", and click "set for current session".  Now I have a blue modeline.

It could be that you and your theme are using wrongly capitalized color names.  The older Carbon Emacs (Emacs 22) is less fuzzy than the newer Cocoa Emacs (Emacs 23), on which Aquamacs 2.x is based.