[OS X Emacs] Missing autosave for unsaved-yet files?

David Reitter david.reitter at gmail.com
Thu Dec 23 09:20:16 EST 2010

On Dec 22, 2010, at 5:24 PM, Andrew Sullivan wrote:

> Is there some magic place untitled buffers get autosaved?

auto-save-mode is off for untitled buffers.  It can be turned on with a simple M-x auto-save-mode.

That said, it is a little unfortunate that Aquamacs does not save its autosave file for untitled buffers to the right place (in the ~/Library hierarchy).   I'll work on that.

Also, we might be able to enable autosave by default for untitled buffers - I'll have to look into that.