[OS X Emacs] input methods in emacs 23 ?

Peter Dyballa Peter_Dyballa at Web.DE
Sun Feb 7 06:29:55 EST 2010

Am 07.02.2010 um 07:49 schrieb Jean-Christophe Helary:

> I've build emacs 23 from trunk last night

Which one? There are variants for X11, for AppKit, and another one for
GNUStep/OPENSTEP/Cocoa.

> and after setting Option to behave as on the Mac I can't seem to
> access the "\" sign (which is Option-¥ on a my JIS Mac kb) for
> combinations like C-\.

Do you have some "input method" active? Which in Emacs and which in
Mac OS X? Does it work to input in *scratch* buffer C-q Opt-¥? What do
you see? What do you see after typing the same when you change Emacs'
and Mac OS X's "input methods?"

The Help menu has an item "Send Bug Report…" – consider to use it!

--
Greetings

   Pete

When you meet a master swordsman,