[OS X Emacs] Re: ? How to install Aquamacs-Emacs-1.9.dmg ?

Joachim Osnabryg osna at jpberlin.de
Sat Feb 13 08:04:54 EST 2010

Am 13.02.2010, 03:43 Uhr, schrieb David Reitter:
> I'd say restore your Monaco font.

hallelujah, David,

a restoration of my Monaco.dfont in /System/Library/fonts probably _would_
have been the right cure _if_ it had been absent or corrupted. Obviously
it wasn't.

Oh wonder: after the new start of MacOSX today, out of curiosity I clicked
the Aquamacs app link and … it's running now.

I had not yet installed another Monaco.dfont …
I don't know why Aquamacs did not start last night, perhaps for forcing me
to go to sleep…;-)

It seems that the removals of Monaco.ttf off ~/Library/fonts and
/Library/fonts were decisive.

So, nobody should further say, Aquamacs 1.9 wouldn't be applicable and
easyly installable on MacOSX 10.4 Tiger.

Though I agree Aquamacs should, in future versions, fall back to another
font and/or give a better error message.

Thank you, David, again for your patient help!

joachim

PS: and right also , Peter Dyballa, when you wrote

--
Mac BacicTeX 2009 - TeXShop 2.29 / TeXworks 0.2.3
LyX 1.6.5 - MacBook Pro intel OSX 10.4.11 Tiger