[OS X Emacs] 10.4 support: Aquamacs

David Reitter david.reitter at gmail.com
Fri Jan 22 08:56:03 EST 2010

It appears that ensuring binary compatibility for the 2.0x series with OS X 10.4 would be a royal pain.

Below are user statistics from the last two months.  The first chart shows the distribution of OS X versions among Aquamacs users (per day); the second shows the distribution of Aquamacs versions among OS X 10.4 users.

It seems to me that we have a small share of 10.4 users, and those that we have, aren't bothered much about upgrading their Aquamacs either.

So I would suggest to drop 10.4 support for the 2.x binary.   10.4 users can still use the 1.x series, which will be maintained for a while, or they can compile their own 2.x (which should work).