[OS X Emacs] Aquamacs and Spaces

prathouz at uchicago.edu prathouz at uchicago.edu
Fri Jul 2 00:02:44 EDT 2010

On Thu, 1 Jul 2010, David Reitter wrote:

> On Jul 1, 2010, at 12:38 PM, <prathouz at uchicago.edu>
> <prathouz at uchicago.edu> wrote:
>
>> Hi All -- Congratulations and thanks to David for all the improvements
>> in Aquamacs 2.0.  I have found *very pleasantly* that I can run
>> Aquamacs without "show buffers in new frames" checked, relying on tabs
>> heavily. But, that when a new file is opened from the finder, a new
>> frame is opened. This behavior is quite nice and very functional.
>
> There has been change to the latter part of this; please check out a
> recent nightly build and let us know if this causes any problems.

Just downloaded the nightly build and this behavior (a new frame when a
new file is opened from the finder) does not seem to have survived.  I
would very much like to have it maintained because I tend to open files
from Finder when they represent a different project in my workflow ...
hence I want them in different frames and maybe even in different "Spaces"
on my desktop.  On the other hand, when I am working on a given project, I
am most likely to open other files in the same or close-by diretories, so
it is easy and natural to do this from within Emacs and put those buffers
in the same frame, taking advantage of the tabs nicely implemented in
Aquamacs.

Paul Rathouz, Assoc. Professor of Biostatistics           ph 773-834-1970
Dept. of Health Studies, Rm. W-264                       fax 773-702-1979
University of Chicago                               prathouz at uchicago.edu
5841 S. Maryland Ave. MC 2007
Chicago, IL 60637