[OS X Emacs] Shell in Aquamacs

prathouz at uchicago.edu prathouz at uchicago.edu
Wed Jul 7 12:40:16 EDT 2010

Hi All --

Thanks for this.  I resolved the issue. FYI, I had an error in my .cshrc
file. Somehow, when launching a shell in Terminal, the .cshrc file error
did not result in halting the execution of the .cshrc file, but when
lauching a shell in Aquamacs, the .cshrc file execution was aborted and so
things after the error in the .cshrc file were not implemented. Removing
that error resolved the problem.
-- pr

On Wed, 7 Jul 2010, David Reitter wrote:

> On Jul 2, 2010, at 10:50 AM, <prathouz at uchicago.edu> <prathouz at uchicago.edu> wrote:
>
>> Hi -- In OS X v.10.6, I am running tcsh shell. I think I have set the variable correctly in Aquamacs so that the _shell_ command runs a tcsh shell.  But, when I run that shell, it does not appear to run my .cshrc file.  This is different than opening a new shell in Terminal, in which each new shell runs the .cshrc file. Is there any way to change the behavior, am I missing something? -- pr
>
> Could this be the distinction between a "login shell" (bash -l, e.g.) and a normal shell?
> Login shells (at least Bash) run more initialization scripts.  I don't know about Tcsh.
>

> --
> http://aquamacs.org -- Aquamacs: Emacs on Mac OS X
> http://aquamacs.org/donate -- Could we help you? Return the favor and support the Aquamacs Project!
>
> This email is intended only for the use of the individual or entity to which it is addressed and may contain information that is privileged and confidential. If the reader of this email message is not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution, or copying of this communication is prohibited. If you have received this email in error, please notify the sender and destroy/delete all copies of the transmittal. Thank you.
>

> This email is intended only for the use of the individual or entity to which it is addressed and may contain information that is privileged and confidential. If the reader of this email message is not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution, or copying of this communication is prohibited. If you have received this email in error, please notify the sender and destroy/delete all copies of the transmittal. Thank you.

Paul Rathouz, Assoc. Professor of Biostatistics           ph 773-834-1970
Dept. of Health Studies, Rm. W-264                       fax 773-702-1979
University of Chicago                               prathouz at uchicago.edu
5841 S. Maryland Ave. MC 2007
Chicago, IL 60637