[OS X Emacs] Switching to Aquamacs: Some Odd Issues with Faces

David Reitter david.reitter at gmail.com
Tue Jun 8 13:58:53 EDT 2010

On Jun 8, 2010, at 1:28 PM, Erik L. Arneson wrote:
> It doesn't seem to be properly loaded.  I'm not sure why.  It seems that
> my other customizations are loaded, though.  So I've been opening the
> file each time and evaluating the code manually.  Sort of a pain.

 Why do you think the file is not loaded?
(Rather than something else overriding your default face setting?)

> But it gets even stranger: new frames do not use all of the default
> face.

Have you checked the Aquamacs FAQ?

> The "Help" frame is particularly prone to this, and uses a nice
> White foreground on a lovely White background.  I'm wondering if I'm
> doing something wrong.

Well, that shouldn't happen, except, when, perhaps the color name "Midnight Blue" is not available.  Color names have changed slightly in Emacs 23 compared to Emacs 22, and of Aquamacs 2.0 inherits that.

Otherwise, try  "Start Aquamacs without customizations" from the "Help/Diagnose and Report Bug" menu.

Thanks
- David