[OS X Emacs] Aquamacs on gnu/linux?

David Reitter david.reitter at gmail.com
Mon Jun 21 17:54:50 EDT 2010

On Jun 21, 2010, at 3:45 PM, Bernardo Barros wrote:
> Just a silly question: can someone use Aquamacs in GNU/linux?
> It would be just copying all the customizations?

The customizations in Aquamacs go beyond Lisp-level customizations.  Much of it is on the C-level, and is specific to the Mac.

That said, you should be able to ./configure  --with-ns, make, make install and get a GNUStep (NS) based version.  I'm not completely confident that the "install" portion of the Makefile will install everything correctly (e.g., Info.plist might not be right), so some work may need to be done there.

If you'd like to do some work on it, go ahead!