[OS X Emacs] getting skim to work as default viewer

David Reitter david.reitter at gmail.com
Mon Jun 28 17:21:50 EDT 2010

On Jun 28, 2010, at 9:50 AM, Art Werschulz wrote:
> Using Aquamacs 2.0 with (builtin) AUCTeX ... My default previewer for PDF files is "Preview", rather than "Skim".  I would like to use "Skim" as my default previewer.

You can either do that in Finder - select a PDF file, Command-I, and so on.

Or you customize it in Aquamacs directly.  The way to do that has changed in the new version of AUCTeX that we are including.  Nathaniel has described the configuration variable that is to be changed in the Aquamacs change log, which comes with Aquamacs 2.0.    (He has also commented on the mailing list in detail.)
Changing it to always use Skim and not just use Skim when it's running is very easy.

Hope that helps.

- David